Helllooooo fellow art fanatics and crawlers!
Do you feel your instagram is shrouded with selfies, inspirational workout quotes, baby pictures, women crush wednesdays, and pictures of IN-N-OUT?
Well, check out these artists to follow on instagram spice up your dashboard!!
(As reccomended by ARTnews!)
1. Toyin Odutola posts portraits of herself, her family, and her friends.
2. Ryan McGinness took advantage of the Instagram format to create a new body of work. His feed consists of “grams”: phrases or ideas culled from his sketchbooks and matched with an appropriate typeface. These are rendered in knockout type inside circles. At this writing he had posted 135; he’s going for 2,000.
5. Hank Willis Thomas makes you wonder what the meaning of is is.
7. The passions of Shinique Smith.
8. Body of Work: Daniel Arsham.
9. Olek, the artist whose medium is crochet.
10. Nikki S. Lee, whose medium is self-portraits.
11. Gary Baseman posts photos, paintings, drawings, and other pictures that can “have the viewer learn something personal about me during the course of my day.”
12. Face time with Kenny Scharf.
Copyright 2014, ARTnews LLC, 48 West 38th Street, New York, N.Y. 10018. All rights reserved.
Post Originally posted by ARTnews.
Orignial Post: http://www.artnews.com/2013/01/17/artists-to-follow-on-instagram/
Reblogged by: Gabrielle
Gabrielle Wooden is a writer currently residing in Southern California. Currently she is a blogger for the Venice Art Crawl and is working on her first novel entitled Blue Barcelona at UCLA’S Extension Writers Program.